openCFS (Coupled Field Simulation) is a finite element-based multi-physics modelling and simulation tool. With about 20 years of research driven development, the core of openCFS is used in scientific research and industrial application. The modelling strategy focuses on physical fields and their respective couplings.
free and open source
under the MIT license, openCFS can be used by anyone, even commercially (as long as you include the original copyright and license notice in any copy of the software/source). You can check out the source code or download the latest release for Linux or Windows.
state of the art features
range from capabilities for various physical fields and their couplings, non conforming grid techniques, and structural optimization, to flexible data exchange with third party software, scriptable XML input, and powerful built-in third party libraries.
quick to learn
organised in an association devoted to the promotion of the software. Members range from university researchers at TU Wien, FAU, TU Graz over individuals and students to companies applying openCFS to industrial problems.
for openCFS is available through the company EnSimTech UG which was founded in 2020. EnSimTech allows commercial users of openCFS to benefit from commercial support, integration and adaptions of openCFS to fit the commercial customer needs.
Launch Event - Thursday, March 25, 2021 - 1pm to 3pm (CET)
The "Verein zur Förderung der Software openCFS" is proud to invite all interested parties to the official openCFS Launch Event on Thursday, March 25, 2021. This online event will take place in ZOOM (meeting ID: 973 0484 7042, click to join) and is scheduled from 1pm to 3pm (CET).
- "Enter the world of coupled physics" - An introduction to the openCFS project (15 min)
- Eager to simulate? - Learn about the features of openCFS (30 min)
- Need for proprietary features? - Get commercial support (5 min)
- Time to refresh - Virtual coffee break (10 min)
- Getting started - Infrastructure, code repository and website (15 min)
- Getting productive - Setup and documentation (10 min)
- What's comming next? - Current developments, future plans and announcements (15 min)
- Questions? - Join our open discussion (20 min)
Model Order Reduction
Association for the promotion of the software
Verein zur Förderung der Software openCFS
The association "Verein zur Förderung der Software openCFS" has been founded in 2020 and its main goal is the promotion of the open source software openCFS. The main objectives of the association are
- Comprehensive maintenance and further development of the open source software openCFS
- Promotion of the use of openCFS for scientific problems which are solved with the help of numerical simulation, thus leading to new, innovative products for the benefit of mankind (Technology for People)
- Promotion of the scientific documentation of openCFS and the use of openCFS in higher education
- Promotion of young scientists, especially students at universities in Austria and Germany and worldwide, in the field of numerical simulation of complex technical systems
User prize presentation
Once a year a user prize is awarded within the framework of a user meeting.
Developer prize presentation
Once a year a developer prize is awarded within the framework of a user meeting.
Several memberships are available that allow supporting the development and marketing of openCFS.
The regular membership entitles the member to actively support the openCFS development, take part at developer meetings as well as user meetings. The membership includes the right to vote at any meeting of the association.Yearly membership fee: 30 €
The associate membership entitles the member to actively support the openCFS development, take part at developer meetings as well as user meetings. However, a right to vote at any meeting of the association is not included.Yearly membership fee: 20 €
The commercial membership entitles the member to actively support the openCFS development, take part at developer meetings as well as user meetings. Commercial members do not obtain a right to vote at any meeting of the association.
The advantage of a commercial membership are reduced participation fees for events of the association as well as discounted sponsoring rates.Yearly membership fee: 200 € (small company), 500 € (medium company), 1000 € (large company)
The student membership entitles the academic student member to actively support the openCFS development, take part at developer meetings
as well as user meetings.
Student members do not obtain a right to vote at any meeting of the association.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which license is openCFS using?
openCFS is using the MIT license thus allows to easily use the software in commercial companies.
Is commercial support available?
Will be available soon.
Is it possible to enhance the features by openCFS?
Yes, the features of openCFS can be easily enhanced in two different ways:
Customization and workflow integration is carried out by EnSimTech UG.
New physical domains or coupling can be implemented using a collaboration with the academic partners.